|For Treatment of:
- Congenital dislocation of hip
- Congenital dyplasia of hip
- Hip dyplasia & dislocation due to cerebral palsy and other Neuro-muscular conditions.
- Splinting allows treatment of congenital hip dyplasia in infants. In most cases it
eliminates long months of confinement in a plaster cast.
- The care of the patient at home is made easy, facilitating daily bathing, diaper
changing, and normal hygiene. In addition to the physiological advantages of the ILFELD
splint, it is a method that is convienient for the parents and comfortable for the
- The ILFELD Splint consists of two aluminum thigh bands fastened to a stainless steel
cross bar, with swivel joints. The metal thigh bands are covered with fabric, or dipped in
- Extra fabric covers are available.
- The thigh bands are adjustable and are locked in place with a 3/16" hexagon wrench.
- The splint is adjustable for growth and progressive relaxation of abductor spasms.
- It is cool and comfortable, having no harnesses.
- The perineum is free for diaper hygiene.